AMD Introduces Radeon™ Pro WX 8200 at SIGGRAPH 2018: Delivers World’s Best Workstation Graphics Performance for Under $1,000(i)
— AMD advances the field of VFX with
The new turbocharged AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 8200 graphics card allows professionals to effortlessly accelerate design and rendering. It is the ideal graphics card for design and manufacturing, media and entertainment, and architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) workloads at all stages of product development.
“Professionals can fully unleash their creativity with the ‘Vega’ architectureii at the heart of the Radeon™ Pro WX 8200 graphics card,” said
Based on the advanced “Vega” GPU architecture with the 14nm FinFET process, the Radeon™ Pro WX 8200 graphics card offers the performance required to drive increasingly large and complex models through the entire design visualization pipeline. With planned certifications for many of today’s most popular applications – including Adobe® CC,
Advanced Feature Set
The Radeon™ Pro WX 8200 graphics card is equipped with advanced features and technologies geared towards professionals, including:
- High Bandwidth Cache Controller (HBCC): The Radeon™ Pro WX 8200 graphics card’s state-of-the-art memory system removes the capacity limitations of traditional GPU memory, letting creators and designers work with much larger, more detailed models and assets in real time.
- Enhanced Pixel Engine: The “Vega” GPU architecture’s enhanced pixel engine lets creators build more complex worlds without worrying about GPU limitations, increasing efficiency by batching related work into the GPU’s local cache to process them simultaneously. New “shade once” technology ensures only pixels visible in the final scene are shaded.
- Error Correcting Code (ECC) Memoryiii: Helps guarantee the accuracy of computations by correcting any single or double-bit error resulting from naturally occurring background radiation.
The Radeon™ Pro WX 8200 graphics card also features a dedicated AMD Secure Processoriv, which carves out a virtual “secure world” in the GPU. IP-sensitive tasks are run on the AMD Secure Processor, protecting the processing and storage of sensitive data and trusted applications. It also secures the integrity and confidentiality of key resources, such as the user interface and service provider assets.
The Radeon™ Pro WX 8200 graphics card will be available for pre-order at Newegg on
AMD also introduced new plug-ins for Radeon™ ProRender, AMD’s high-performance physically-based rendering engine that enables CAD designers and 3D artists to create renders quickly and easily. Users now have free access to new plug-ins for:
- PTC Creo: Enables designers and engineers to quickly and easily create incredibly rendered visualizations of their products and is available now in beta.
- Pixar USD viewport: For developers building a USD Hydra viewport for their application, the new USD plug-in available on GitHub adds path-traced rendering for accurate viewport previews.
New features and updates have also been added to existing plug-ins, including support for
Supporting the next generation of creators at
AMD also announced a new alliance with
Built in the heart of the VFS downtown campus and adjacent to the city’s digital production and developer hub, the lab will offer an open working space for students, artists and computer graphics professionals to discover and create using the latest industry-leading technology.
Showcasing the future of graphics technologies at SIGGRAPH
Along with today’s Radeon™ Pro announcements, at SIGGRAPH AMD will also highlight the 2nd gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ desktop processors, designed for professional content creators, developers, gamers and hardware enthusiasts. AMD will showcase the 2nd gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ desktop processors alongside a range of advanced technology demonstrations on the SIGGRAPH show floor at Booth #1101, including:
- AI Rendering: Machine learning with AMD’s ROCm and Radeon™ Pro WX Series GPUs can slash rendering times without sacrificing quality.
- Real-time, Viewport Raytracing: Next-generation application viewport technology brings real-time ray-tracing quality directly into the editing windows of DCC and CAD applications.
- Cloud ProRender: AMD Radeon™ ProRender users can expand their rendering capacity and horsepower by rendering in the cloud.
- PIX on Windows from
Microsoft®: PIX is a performance tuning and debugging tool for developers for analyzing DirectX® 12 games on Windows.
In addition, Blackmagic Design will showcase its new high-performance eGPU at Booth #1417, featuring a built-in AMD Radeon™ Pro 580 graphics card. Designed in collaboration with
- Learn more about AMD Radeon™ Pro here.
- Learn more about AMD Radeon™ ProRender here.
- Become a fan of Radeon on
- Follow AMD on Twitter @AMD
- Follow Radeon™ graphics on Twitter
For more than 45 years, AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies - the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog,
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, FreeSync, Radeon, Ryzen and combinations thereof, are trademarks of
i Testing conducted by
ii The information contained herein is for informational purposes only, and is subject to change without notice. Timelines, roadmaps, and/or product release dates shown in this Press Release are plans only and subject to change. “Vega” is a codename for AMD architecture, and is not a product name. GD-122.
iii ECC support is limited to the HBM2 memory and ECC protection is not provided for internal GPU structures.
iv AMD Secure Processor (formerly “Platform Security Processor” or “PSP”) is a dedicated processor that features ARM TrustZone® technology, along with a software-based Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) designed to enable third-party trusted applications. AMD Secure Processor is a hardware-based technology which enables secure boot up from BIOS level into the TEE. Trusted third-party applications are able to leverage industry-standard APIs to take advantage of the TEE’s secure execution environment. Not all applications utilize the TEE’s security features. AMD Secure Processor is currently only available on select AMD A-Series and AMD E-Series APUs. GD-72
v According to a
Source: Advanced Micro Devices