AMD Launches World’s First 7nm Professional PC Workstation Graphics Card for 3D Designers, Architects and Engineers
— AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card harnesses high-performance AMD RDNA architecture, industry-leading process technology and enterprise-grade software to help professionals increase productivity, improve product quality and accelerate time-to-market —
— AMD RDNA architecture delivers up to 25 percent higher performance-per-clock1 and up to 41 percent higher average performance-per-watt2 than the previous-generation AMD architecture to power demanding 3D design, real-time visualization and VR workloads —
SANTA CLARA, Calif.,
The AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 workstation graphics card features the high-performance, energy-efficient AMD RDNA architecture and state-of-the-art GDDR6 memory to handle large models and datasets, and is the first PC workstation graphics card to support high-bandwidth PCIe® 4.0 technology. It is ideal for professionals who push performance beyond traditional 3D design by generating photorealistic renders of their concepts and reviewing virtual prototypes of their designs in virtual reality (VR) environments.
“Today’s professionals need high-performance professional graphics hardware to better interact with their product concepts and make more informed decisions sooner in the design process,” said Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, Radeon™
Key capabilities and features of the AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card include:
- High-Performance AMD RDNA Architecture – Features a redesigned geometry engine and compute units, delivering up to 25 percent higher performance-per-clock1 and up to 41 percent higher average performance-per-watt2 than the previous-generation Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture.
- Exceptional Power Efficiency – AMD Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise’s intelligent power optimization, coupled with the power-efficient AMD RDNA architecture and 7nm process technology, enables the Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card to provide up to 18 percent better system efficiency than the competitive product3.
- Accelerated CPU/GPU Multitasking – Provides outstanding multitasking performance even in the most demanding situations, such as continuing to model while rendering a visualization in the background, providing up to 5.6X the application workflow performance with CPU load than the competition in the SPECviewperf® 13 benchmark4.
- Professional-grade Software – AMD Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise delivers professional-grade quality, continuous performance improvements and robust security as well as industry-leading features, including AMD Remote Workstation5 that allows professionals to work virtually from anywhere with feature and performance parity with the workstation GPU on their desk6.
- Innovative VR Software Features – AMD Radeon™ ReLive for VR enables professionals using AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics cards to wirelessly visualize their creations with VR-capable applications and select standalone VR headsets, such as the HTC VIVE Focus™ Plus7.
- High-bandwidth PCIe® 4.0 – The AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 is the first PC workstation graphics card to support PCIe® 4.0, delivering double the bandwidth of PCIe® 3.0 to enable smooth performance for GPU-intensive applications.
- Professional Application Certification – Optimized and certified with leading Design and Manufacturing and Architecture, Engineering and Construction applications to deliver the stability and reliability required by workstation professionals. The list of Radeon™ Pro Software certified ISV applications can be found here.
- High-speed USB-C® – The AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 is the first PC workstation graphics card to include a USB-C® connector, supporting a growing selection of USB-C® based monitors and head-mounted displays (HMD).
||Memory Bandwidth||Memory Interface||Display Outputs|
|Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card
||36||Up to 8.89||8GB||Up to
The AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card is expected to available starting today for USD
- North America – B&H Photo and Newegg
- EMEA – Elmtec, Schneider and Tarox
- Asia Pacific – JD.com and Mwave
The AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card will be demonstrated in the AMD booth (#AE310) at
- Learn more about AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card here
- Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter
- Follow Radeon™ Pro graphics on Twitter
For 50 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
©2019 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of
1 RDNA provides up to 1.25x higher performance per clock over GCN. Testing done by AMD performance labs 5/23/19, showing a geomean of 1.25x per/clock across 30 different games @ 4K Ultra, 4xAA settings. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RX-327
2 The AMD RDNA architecture delivers up to 41% higher average performance per watt than the previous AMD GCN architecture when tested with the SPECviewperf® 13 benchmark sw-04 viewset, creo-02 viewset, 3dsmax-06 viewset, Enscape “Mansion” demo, Unity internal automotive benchmark, and the Unity VR demo “London Office”. Testing as of
3 The same computer equipped with AMD Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise 19.Q4 with Radeon™ Pro W5700 consumes up to 18% less power in SOLIDWORKS® solid modelling workflows compared to the NVIDIA Quadro® driver 440.97 with NVIDIA Quadro RTX™ 4000. Testing conducted by
4 The AMD Radeon™ Pro W5700 graphics card when using AMD Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise 19.Q4 provides up to 5.6x the application workflow performance while multitasking in the SPECviewperf® 13 sw-04 SW2012_shaded benchmark when compared to the NVIDIA Quadro RTX™ 4000 graphics card using the NVIDIA Quadro® Optimal Driver for Enterprise (ODE) R430 U4 (431.02). Testing as of
5 Compatible with AMD Radeon™ Pro WX 3200, WX 4100, WX 5100, WX 7100, WX 8200, WX 9100 and W5700 GPUs. Remote Workstation functionality requires AMD Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise driver 18.Q4 or newer plus purchase and installation of Citrix Virtual Apps & Desktops™ or Microsoft® Remote Desktop Services. RPS-50
6 Radeon™ Pro Software for Enterprise 19.Q2 with AMD Remote Workstation delivers comparable performance on SPECviewperf® 13 3dsmax-06 when compared local (non-remoted) performance. Testing conducted by AMD labs as of
7 Radeon™ ReLive for VR for workstation wireless VR use requires HTC VIVE Focus™ Plus headset. For VR connectivity, an 802.11ac 5 GHz router or access point is required. Compatible with AMD Radeon™ VR Ready Creator products (learn more at https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/vr-ready-creator). Supports: Windows® 10. RPS-108
AMD Investor Relations
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/8a1e34c5-45ec-46b2-8cbe-14f9e22d53ec