AMD Unveils the AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT Graphics Card: Incredible 1080p Performance, Breath-Taking Visuals and Powerful Software Features
– AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT delivers amazing high-framerate esports gaming and up to 13 percent higher performance on average than the competition in today’s top AAA titles1–
– Gamers receive Monster Hunter World: Iceborne™ Master Edition and three months of
The latest addition to the AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 series graphics offerings announced in October, the AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT graphics card is optimized to deliver high-performance 1080p AAA and esports gaming. Built on industry-leading 7nm process technology, supporting high-bandwidth PCIe® 4.0 technology and available with either 4GB or 8GB of high-speed GDDR6 memory, it provides up to 13 percent faster performance on average in today’s top AAA games than the competition1, and delivers up to 60+ frames-per-second (FPS) in select AAA games3 and up to 90+ FPS in select top esports titles4.
“Today more than 64 percent of gamers play at 1080p5, and they expect high framerates with high-fidelity graphics, low latency and fully immersive gaming experiences,” said
Delivering incredible performance and power efficiency, the AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT graphics card offers a host of exciting capabilities and AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition features to deliver incredibly fluid and immersive 1080p gaming experiences, including:
- AMD RDNA Architecture – Built from the ground up for superior performance, scalability and power efficiency, and designed to power the future of gaming, AMD RDNA gaming architecture provides up to 1.6X higher gaming performance-per-watt than Radeon™ graphics cards based on the prior-generation Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture6.
- AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag7– AMD Radeon Anti-Lag significantly decreases input-to-display response times, including making Overwatch up to 22 percent more responsive8 and offering a competitive edge in gameplay.
- AMD Radeon™ Boost9 – Delivers up to a 20 percent performance boost during fast-motion gaming scenarios in PUBG by dynamically reducing image resolution, increasing framerates and fluidity, and bolstering responsiveness with little to no perceptible change in image quality10.
- AMD Radeon™ Image Sharpening (RIS)11– Brings crispness and clarity to in-game visuals that have been softened by upscaling and post-process effects in DirectX® 9, 11, 12 and Vulkan® titles. When paired with Radeon™ GPU upscaling, RIS enables sharp visuals and fluid frame rates on high-resolution displays.
- AMD FidelityFX – An open-source toolkit for game developers making it easier for them to add high-quality post-process effects that make games look beautiful while offering the optimal balance of visual fidelity and performance. Available on GPUOpen, FidelityFX features Contrast-Adaptive Sharpening (CAS), which draws out detail in low-contrast areas while minimizing artifacts caused by typical image sharpening routines.
- Largest gaming display ecosystem12– With over 900 certified monitors to choose from12, gamers can enjoy stutter-free, tear-free gameplay with AMD Radeon FreeSync™13 and Radeon FreeSync™ 2 HDR technology14.
|Model||Compute Units||Stream Processors||TFLOPS||GDDR6 (GB)||Game Clock15 (MHz)||Boost Clock16 (MHz)||Memory Interface|
|AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT||22||1,408||Up to 5.2||4GB/
AMD Radeon™ Raise the Game Bundle
The new AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT graphics card is eligible for the latest AMD Radeon™ Raise the Game bundle, offering gamers Monster
Pricing and Availability
AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT graphics cards are available beginning today from board partners including
- Learn more about the AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT graphics card here
- Learn more about AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition here
- Become a fan of AMD on
- Follow AMD on Twitter
For 50 years, AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ:AMD) website, blog,
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only, and is subject to change without notice. Timelines, roadmaps, and/or product release dates shown in this Press Release are plans only and subject to change.
1 Testing done by AMD performance labs
2 18+ only. Following purchase, product must be installed on system where coupon code will be redeemed. Void where prohibited. Residency and additional limitations apply. Full offer terms at www.amdrewards.com/terms. Get 2 Games Offer: Participating retailers only for eligible purchases made
3 Testing done by AMD performance labs
4 Testing done by AMD performance labs
5 November 2019 Steam survey reported 64.63% of gamers are playing at 1080p - https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/
6 Graphics performance claims are based on pre-production hardware tested by AMD performance labs on
7 Radeon™ Anti-Lag is compatible with DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 APIs, Windows 7 and 10. Hardware compatibility includes GCN and newer consumer dGPUs Ryzen 2000 and newer APUs, including hybrid and detachable graphics configurations. No mGPU support. GD-157
8 Tested at AMD performance labs on
9 Radeon™ Boost is compatible with Windows 7 and 10 in select titles only. Hardware compatibility includes RX 400 and newer consumer dGPUs, Ryzen 2000 and newer APUs, including hybrid and detachable graphics configurations. No mGPU support. For a list of compatible titles see https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-boost. GD-158
10 Tested at AMD performance labs on
13 FreeSync requires a monitor and AMD Radeon™ graphics, both with FreeSync support. See www.amd.com/freesync for complete details. Confirm capability with your system manufacturer before purchase. GD-127
14 FreeSync 2 HDR does not require HDR capable monitors; driver can set monitor in native mode when FreeSync 2 HDR supported HDR content is detected. Otherwise, HDR content requires that the system be configured with a fully HDR-ready content chain, including: graphics card, graphics driver and application. Video content must be graded in HDR and viewed with an HDR-ready player. Windowed mode content requires operating system support. GD-105
15 Game clock is the expected GPU clock when running typical gaming applications, set to typical TGP (
16 Boost Clock Frequency is the maximum frequency achievable on the GPU running a bursty workload. Boost clock achievability, frequency, and sustainability will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to: thermal conditions and variation in applications and workloads. GD-151
AMD Investor Relations
Source: Advanced Micro Devices