The View from Our Corner of the Street
Hello from AMD!
In case you missed it, we would like to highlight recent news and executive perspectives.
- Dr. Lisa Su, President & CEO, presented at the JP Morgan Global TMT Conference to speak about new product growth, market share goals, and specifically our Ryzen PRO Commercial PC processor launch – AMD’s largest commercial launch ever including 3 notebooks and 4 desktop SKUs in partnership with HP, Dell and Lenovo.
- Mark Papermaster, Chief Technology Officer, attended the Cowen TMT Conference to share thoughts on AMD’s Zen architecture, product design advantage and competition within process technology – including AMD’s roadmap for 7nm processors.
- At Computex, we made many significant announcements:
- AMD demonstrated the upcoming 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ 32-core, 64-thread processor as well as a 24-core, 48-thread version.
- AMD conducted the world’s first public demonstration of a 7nm GPU and announced it expects to launch cards featuring a 7nm GPU for machine learning later this year.
- AMD announced that its next-generation 7nm EPYC server processor (codenamed “Rome”) featuring Zen2 architecture is now running in the company’s labs and is expected to sample to customers later this year.
- AMD also announced three EPYC processor milestones including:
- Cisco’s first AMD-based UCS server
- HPE’s ProLiant DL325 Gen10 one socket server
- EPYC-based cloud services from Tencent
- Forrest Norrod, SVP & GM of Datacenter and Embedded Solutions, hosted an EPYC One Year Anniversary webinar to discuss EPYC performance advantages, market share goals, and Year One customer momentum.
As we head into the second half of 2018, we are very proud of these achievements and excited for what is to come. As always, we thank you for your support.