|View printer-friendly version|
|AMD Radeon(TM) Breaks GHz Barrier|
SUNNYVALE, CA, Feb 15, 2012 (MARKETWIRE via COMTEX) --AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the arrival of its AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7770 GHz Edition and HD 7750 graphics cards. The AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition is the first graphics card equipped with a reference engine clock that breaks the one gigahertz barrier -- making it the world's first 1GHz GPU. When coupled with AMD's Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture, the AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition offers incredible, best-in-class entertainment experiences that every gamer deserves. The AMD Radeon HD 7750 is a superior performance-level graphics card that doesn't require its own separate power connector and provides exceptional gaming experiences under 75 watts.
"We were first to 40nm, first to 28nm and now we offer the world's first GPU at 1GHz; this is a milestone for the graphics industry," said Matt Skynner, corporate vice president and general manager, GPU Division, AMD. "AMD continues to deliver superior performance, rich features and world-class power efficiency -- we never stop innovating."
Like the award winning AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7900 Series, the AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series is armed and ready to follow its 28nm predecessors by capturing the hearts of gamers. It features AMD's new Graphics Core Next (GCN) Architecture for spectacular performance and efficiency, and comes equipped with leading-edge technology like PCI Express(R) 3.0, incredibly efficient AMD ZeroCore Power, PowerTune, AMD Eyefinity 2.0 and AMD App technologies.(1-5)
With top-notch features from the AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7900 Series, the AMD Radeon HD 7700 series offer the world's most advanced graphics -- for everyone. The graphics cards are available today via retailers and e-tailers worldwide, with select models of the AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB starting at USD$159 SEP, and the AMD Radeon HD 7750 1GB starting at USD$109 SEP.
The AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7700 series GPUs will be available worldwide from add-in-board partners including Sapphire, Powercolor, HIS, XFX, ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI.
-- Product page: Learn more about the AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7700 Series GPUs -- Where to Purchase: Amazon, Cyberpower PC, iBuypower, Newegg, NCIX, and TigerDirect -- Twitter: Follow AMD graphics news on Twitter at @AMDRadeon -- Learn more about GCN Architecture -- Learn more about AMD PowerTune technology -- Facebook: Become a fan of AMD technology on Facebook
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit www.amd.com
(1) The GCN Architecture and its associated features (PCI Express(R) 3.0, AMD ZeroCore Power technology, DDM Audio, and 28nm production) are exclusive to the AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7900 and HD 7700 Series Graphics.
(2) AMD Eyefinity technology works with games that support non-standard aspect ratios, which is required for panning across multiple displays. To enable more than two displays, additional panels with native DisplayPort(TM) connectors, and/or DisplayPort(TM) compliant active adapters to convert your monitor's native input to your cards DisplayPort(TM) or Mini-DisplayPort(TM) connector(s), are required. Support for five simultaneous displays may require complementary products compatible with DisplayPort 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport. Maximum number of configured displays may vary -- check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities and supported technologies. SLS ("Single Large Surface") functionality requires an identical display resolution on all configured displays.
(3) AMD App Acceleration is a set of technologies designed to improve video quality and enhance application performance. Full enablement of some features requires support for OpenCL(TM), DirectCompute or DirectX(R) Video Acceleration (DXVA). Not all products have all features and full enablement of some capabilities and may require complementary products.
(4) AMD PowerPlay(TM), AMD PowerTune and AMD ZeroCore Power are technologies offered by certain AMD Radeon(TM) products, which are designed to intelligently manage GPU power consumption in response to certain GPU load conditions. Not all products feature all technologies -- check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities.
(5) Utilization of PCI Express 3.0 bandwidth requires a mainboard equipped with a PCI Express 3.0 PHY. Not all mainboards feature this technology -- check with your component or system manufacturer for specific model capabilities.
Contact: Dave Erskine AMD Public Relations (905) 882-2600 x8477 Email Contact Matthew Kanas Edelman for AMD (416) 849-3324 Email Contact
SOURCE: Advanced Micro Devices