New AMD A8-7670K APU Delivers an Excellent Experience and Value for Today's Modern Workloads and Microsoft(R) Windows(R) 10 Support
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/20/15 --
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD), the company whose technology helps power the Microsoft® Xbox One™ and the Sony® PlayStation 4™, today introduced the newest addition to its A-Series line of desktop processors. The A8-7670K APU provides a superb experience for Microsoft Windows 10, mainstream workloads, and eSports online gaming.
The A8-7670K is an affordable APU that combines the energy efficient processing power of an AMD CPU with the pixel pushing power of AMD Radeon™ graphics (GPU) in one convenient package. Users can easily multitask modern workloads and stream video in Windows® 10 or mow down their enemies in popular eSports online gaming titles such as Counter Strike®: Global Offensive. Powered by 10 compute cores (4 CPU + 6 GPU)1, the A8-7670K APU provides the processing and graphics capability budget conscious mainstream users need today.
"AMD takes great strides to deliver innovative technology that provides the performance and convenience customers need today and tomorrow. The AMD A8-7670K APU is no exception. Our newest APU provides a smooth user experience and is engineered for Windows 10 and eSports online gaming," said Kevin Lensing, Sr. Director, Client Business Unit at AMD.
"The new addition of the AMD A8-7670K APU allows us to deliver more options for discerning mainstream PC buyers," said Zack Shutt, Vice President at Xidax. "AMD's latest driver and feature support allow incredible new entry points for impressive gaming technologies such as FreeSync™ and Virtual Super Resolution."
Revolutionary Architecture for Today's Modern Workloads
- Energy efficient and convenient: AMD APUs combine the power of a CPU and dedicated graphics (GPU) in one chip
- Exceptional performance on today's modern workloads with 10 compute cores1 (4 CPU running up to 3.9GHz + 6 GPU running at 757MHz)
- Experience new levels of performance and efficiency with Heterogeneous System Architecture (HSA) which allows the CPU and GPU to work together in supported applications by quickly and automatically dividing and directing the right tasks toward the appropriate cores
Accelerate Windows 10
- Be prepared for the future; the AMD A8-7670K is designed to deliver a premium Windows® 10 experience with ten compute cores (4 CPU + 6 GPU)1
- Smooth video playback of movies and TV with hardware-based acceleration
- Boost performance in the new Microsoft® Edge web browser with full graphics acceleration for HTML5 and WebGL
- Help protect sensitive data with hardware accelerated encryption and decryption when using Microsoft® Bitlocker®
- Easily stream Xbox One™ games to your PC
- Experience content streams without bumps and hiccups for smoother performance with AMD Quick Stream technology which allots more bandwidth to your highest priority applications2
Powerful eSports Online Gaming Experience
- Enjoy smooth 1080p gaming on some of the world's most popular games with powerful integrated Radeon R7 graphics
- Native H.264 video encoding empowers the AMD Gaming Evolved application allowing users to effortlessly record their gameplay
- Enjoy improved image quality when gaming at lower resolutions with Virtual Super Resolution (VSR)
- Enable advanced gaming technologies that improve performance and visual fidelity with support for multi-threaded APIs including DirectX® 12, Vulkan™, and Mantle
- Experience more realism and greater fields of view in supported games with AMD Eyefinity3 multi-display technology
- Gamers can put an end to choppy gameplay and broken frames with fluid, artifact-free performance at virtually any framerate with AMD FreeSync™ technology4
Pricing and Availability
- The A8-7670K APU is available now at select e-tailers and participating system vendors
- Experience smart value at the suggested price (SEP) of $117.99 USD
For more than 45 years, AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies -- the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses, and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work, and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
1 Learn more at www.amd.com/computecores
2 Learn more at www.amd.com/featuredetails
3 AMD Eyefinity technology supports up to four DisplayPort monitors with select AMD A-Series APUs. Supported display quantity, type and resolution vary by APU model and system design; confirm specifications with the system manufacturer before purchase. To enable more than two displays, or multiple displays from a single output, additional hardware such as DisplayPort-ready monitors or DisplayPort 1.2 MST-enabled hubs may be required. A maximum of two active adapters is recommended. See www.amd.com/eyefinityfaq for full details.
4 FreeSync is an AMD technology designed to eliminate stuttering and/or tearing in games and videos by locking a display's refresh rate to the framerate of the graphics card. Requires Monitor, AMD Radeon™ graphics and/or AMD A-Series APU compliant with DisplayPort™ Adaptive-Sync 1.2 (or newer). AMD Catalyst™ driver 15.2 Beta (or newer) required. Adaptive refresh rates vary by display; check with your monitor manufacturer for specific capabilities. Only select AMD Radeon GPUs and A-Series APUs supported; see www.amd.com/freesync for full details.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, FreeSync, Radeon and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies. Bitlocker, DirectX, Windows, and Xbox Oneare trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other jurisdictions.
Source: Advanced Micro Devices