AMD and Mentor continue commitment to delivering open-source technology for healthcare, gaming, industrial and more with multi-year agreement
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwired) -- 12/05/16 --
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced a new three-year agreement to expand its strategic partnership with Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ: MENT). The agreement continues AMD's relationship with Mentor Graphics, a world leader in electronic hardware and software design solutions, and reinforces AMD's commitment to offer greater choice for embedded developers when it comes to high-performance x86 architectures.
"We are dedicated to providing the embedded developer ecosystem with options so that they can select the ideal development platform for their specific solutions," said Scott Aylor, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Enterprise Solutions. "By partnering with Mentor Graphics, we are giving our customers access to a robust set of Linux® tools and expertise to empower them to build new applications in a variety of vertical segments such as casino gaming, healthcare, industrial and more."
AMD and Mentor Graphics established an embedded software ecosystem for developers in 2014 to offer powerful open-source tools for building, debugging, analyzing and optimizing embedded software. Customers can download Mentor Embedded Linux Lite and Mentor Embedded Sourcery CodeBench Lite at no charge to promptly start designing new applications and solutions.
"Mentor Graphics looks forward to the next phase in our technology partnership with AMD as we work together to enable our customers' success in the accelerating embedded market," said Scot Morrison, general manager, platform business unit, Mentor Graphics Embedded Systems Division. "AMD's portfolio of innovative embedded solutions combined with Mentor's long-standing leadership in open source software and tools, allows us to broaden our reach while effectively supporting a growing customer base, helping us to achieve continued success."
Key Features, Benefits and Support:
As part of the agreement between AMD and Mentor Graphics, embedded developers will have access to the following customized embedded Linux development products:
- Mentor Embedded Linux Lite
- Enablement for evaluation and prototyping for future Embedded x86 processors at no cost
- Yocto Project compliant
- Binary images of root file system and kernel
- Access to sources for all open source components
- Seamless migration to commercially-supported Mentor Embedded Linux
- Sourcery CodeBench Lite
- Complete GNU based C/C++ development and debug tool chain for custom Linux target platform development at no cost
- Windows® and Linux host-based development options
- Mentor Embedded Linux
- Commercial terms for project development including bug fixes, security patches, and product updates
- Eclipse-based Sourcery CodeBench development environment, data trace analysis and visualization capabilities
- Customizability for unique project needs including custom BSP development, back porting and long term support
- AMD embedded customers can download the Mentor Embedded Linux Lite Platform at no charge here.
- AMD embedded customers can download the Mentor Embedded Sourcery CodeBench Lite Platform at no charge here.
- Learn more about Mentor Graphics' expanded support for AMD's Embedded G-Series family and Embedded R-Series family of processors here.
- Register for the Mentor Graphics webinar to discuss AMD's Embedded G-Series and Embedded R-Series family of processors here.
- For more information, visit the Mentor Graphics embedded Linux solutions page for AMD support here.
For more than 45 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies -- the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, and Facebook and Twitter pages.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other jurisdictions. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.
AMD Public Relations
Source: Advanced Micro Devices