SUNNYVALE, Calif., Aug. 03, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- AMD (NASDAQ:AMD) today released its 22nd annual update on corporate responsibility, reporting on the company’s progress and milestones in its environmental and social goals. The update demonstrates how AMD is working to address issues important to its workforce, customers, investors, and other stakeholders and features new case studies, volunteer stories, and key issue overviews.
“As AMD launches high-performance computing products for datacenters, machine learning, university research, growing businesses, and home entertainment, we do so driven by a desire to help solve some of the world’s biggest problems and minimize our footprint,” said Susan Moore, AMD corporate vice president for public affairs. “The capabilities of technology continue to expand, providing opportunities for creative minds to affect positive change in our world, and it is inspiring to see AMD help enable those visions while keeping true to our own environmental and social goals.”
AMD’s corporate responsibility update highlights how:
- AMD teams up with technology and community leaders to help transform lives from the school classroom to the doctor’s office.
- One hundred percent of AMD’s manufacturing supplier facilities completed the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) self-assessment questionnaire, with no “high-risk” supplier facilities identified, affirming that AMD’s suppliers are focused on respecting human rights and providing safe, environmentally-friendly workplaces.
- AMD has received Edison, Environmental Leader, and Energy Manager awards for ambitiously accelerating energy efficiency in processors for mobile devices through the AMD 25x20 Energy Efficiency Initiative.
- The company achieved a 100 percent score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s Corporate Equality Index in 2016, ranking AMD as a “Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality.”
- AMD’s workforce around the world help address educational and social needs in their communities through company-sponsored volunteerism, including 9,100 hours of service by 1,900 AMD’ers in 2016.
- Company leaders regularly assess evolving and emerging issues in corporate responsibility, and AMD briefs its stakeholders about the role of AMD’s technology in society, the data privacy and security of technology users, human rights and labor issues in the industry’s supply chain, and product energy efficiency and climate change.
For more than 45 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses, and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work, and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ:AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Advanced Micro Devices