AMD Unleashes Ultimate PC Gaming Platform with Worldwide Availability of AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 Series Graphics Cards and AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series Desktop Processors
– Introducing world’s first PCIe® 4.0 ready desktop CPUs and GPUs, designed to push the limits of gamers, enthusiasts, and content creators –
AMD Radeon RX 5700 series graphics cards redefine what is possible in 1440p gaming. Built on the ground-breaking all-new AMD RDNA gaming architecture and 7nm process technology, the new graphics cards deliver superior visual fidelity, lightning-fast performance and advanced features to power the latest AAA and eSports titles. Starting today, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT and RX 5700 graphics cards are available on AMD.com and from leading etailers and retailers for
With up to 12 cores and 24 threads now available, 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors are another powerful demonstration of the technology leadership of AMD, delivering the first high-performance 7nm processors in consumer desktop PCs. Building on the legacy of high-performance “Zen” architectures, the “Zen 2” microarchitecture incorporates enhancements that deliver a significant IPC uplift of an estimated 15 percent generationally2 for faster gaming and content creation. Beginning today, 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors, including the new Ryzen 3000 Series Processors with Radeon Graphics, are available globally at leading etailers and retailers starting at just
“We are proud to deliver our newest AMD Radeon graphics cards and AMD Ryzen processor products to create the ultimate PC gaming platform with leadership performance at every price point,” said Dr.
AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series Graphics Cards: Amazing Value and Performance for 1440p Gaming
AMD Radeon RX 5700 Series graphics cards harness the RDNA gaming architecture, which was built from the ground up for superior performance, scalability and power efficiency, and designed to power the future of PC, console, mobile and cloud-based gaming. The new RDNA architecture supports high-speed GDDR6 memory, provides PCIe 4.0 support, and provides up to 1.25X higher performance-per-clock3 and up to 1.5X higher performance-per-watt over AMD’s previous Graphic Core Next (GCN) architecture4, enabling hyper-realistic, ultra-responsive and high-framerate gaming experiences.
The newest Radeon graphics cards offer powerful new features to elevate 1440p gaming, including:
- Radeon Image Sharpening (RIS) – Brings crispness and clarity to in-game visuals that have been softened by other post-process effects in DirectX® 9, 12, and Vulkan® titles. When paired with Radeon GPU upscaling, RIS enables sharp visuals and fluid frame rates on very high-resolution displays.
- FidelityFX – Offers an open-source toolkit for game developers with high-quality post-process effects to help make games look beautiful while offering an optimal balance of visual fidelity and performance. Available on GPUOpen, FidelityFX features Contrast-Adaptive Sharpening (CAS), which draws out detail in low-contrast areas while minimizing artifacts caused by typical image sharpening routines.
- Radeon™ Anti-Lag – Optimized for eSports, improves competitiveness by decreasing input-to-display response times by up to 31 percent5.
|50th Anniversary Edition Radeon™ RX 5700 XT||40||2,560||Up to 10.14||8||1,680||1,830||Up to 1,980||$449|
|Radeon™ RX 5700 XT||40||2,560||Up to 9.75||8||1,605||1,755||Up to 1,905||$399|
|Radeon™ RX 5700||36||2,304||Up to 7.95||8||1,465||1,625||Up to 1,725||$349|
3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors: Unparalleled Platform and Leadership Performance
Built on power-efficient 7nm-based processors, the new 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors enable ultimate performance, power efficiency, and core counts across single-thread and multi-thread workloads, offering:
- Elite gaming performance – With higher clock speeds, more performance per clock2, and larger L3 cache than the previous generation, plus new synergies with the Windows®
10 May 2019Update, 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors enable more powerful and smoother gaming experiences across 1080p and 1440p resolutions7,8.
- Winning content creation performance – For content creators, 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors enable a commanding performance advantage9 over the competition in rendering, encoding, color grading, and more.
- Cooler and quieter PC experience – 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors offer supreme performance with highly energy efficient operation, enabling up to 58% better performance-per-watt on Ryzen 9 Processors and up to 30% better performance-per-watt on Ryzen 7 Processors -- all while running in a highly efficient, low-power envelope -- than the competition10,11.
- Overclocking made simple12 – Like all AMD Ryzen Processors, 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors are fully multiplier and voltage unlocked. New Precision Boost Overdrive with Automatic Overclocking can deliver even higher performance on 3000 Series Ryzen 5, 7, and 9 processors by communicating with the user’s motherboard and increasing the maximum clock frequency by up to 200MHz at the touch of a button. A new and improved AMD Ryzen™ Master Software utility is also available, including a redesigned user interface and many new features, offering users an easy way to squeeze every drop of performance from their AMD Ryzen Desktop Processor.
Additionally, with the release of the 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processors, AMD designed and unveiled the new X570 chipset for AMD Socket AM4, enabling the world’s first platform with PCIe® 4.0 support for consumers. Unique support for PCIe® 4.0 paves the way for new classes of high-performance graphics cards, networking devices, NVMe drives, and more. With over 100 AM4 motherboards currently in market, our partners are expected to introduce an additional 50+ models with the new AMD X570 chipset to complete the widest selection of launch motherboards in AMD history.
Together, the 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop Processor family with a X570 motherboard enable more high-speed ports and lanes than any other mainstream socket – a truly enthusiast-worthy solution.
|3rd Gen Ryzen
|L2 + L3
|PCIe® 4.0 Lanes
(processor + AMD X570)
|Ryzen™ 9 3950X||16/32||105||4.7/3.5||72||44 (36 useable)||Available September 2019|
|Ryzen™ 9 3900X||12/24||105||4.6/3.8||70||44 (36 useable)||$499|
|Ryzen™ 7 3800X||8/16||105||4.5/3.9||36||44 (36 useable)||$399|
|Ryzen™ 7 3700X||8/16||65||4.4/3.6||36||44 (36 useable)||$329|
|Ryzen™ 5 3600X||6/12||95||4.4/3.8||35||44 (36 useable)||$249|
|Ryzen™ 5 3600||6/12||65||4.2/3.6||35||44 (36 useable)||$199|
AMD Ryzen 3000 Series Processors with Radeon Graphics
AMD also announced availability of the Ryzen 3000 Series Desktop Processors with Radeon Graphics, armed with higher CPU and graphics clock speeds than its prior generation of processors, plus new driver features like Radeon Anti-Lag. Offering best-in-class graphics performance15; smooth framerates for 1080p gamers16; 4K HDR streaming capabilities; and Radeon™ FreeSync support17, the latest generation of AMD Ryzen Processors with Graphics are ideal for affordable gaming rigs, SFF PCs, HTPCs, and other unique builds.
|Ryzen 3000 Series
|L2 + L3
|Ryzen™ 5 3400G||4/8||65||4.2/3.7||Radeon™ RX Vega 11
|Ryzen™ 3 3200G||4/4||65||4.0/3.6||Radeon™ Vega 8
Play Gears 5 and 100+ Other PC Games with
AMD is also offering the
- Learn more about the new AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 Series graphics cards
- Learn more about the new 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors and Ryzen™ 3000 series processors with Radeon™ Graphics
- Become a fan of AMD on
- Follow AMD on Twitter
This press release contains forward-looking statements concerning
For 50 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ:AMD) website, blog,
1 Suggested online retailer price in US dollars as of 7/7/2019.
2 Testing by
3 Testing done by AMD performance labs 5/23/19, showing a geomean of 1.25x per/clock across 30 different games @ 4K Ultra, 4xAA settings. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RX-327
4 Testing done by AMD performance labs 5/23/19, using the Division 2 @ 25x14 Ultra settings. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. RX-325
5 Testing conducted by
6 “Game Clock” is the expected GPU clock when running typical gaming applications, set to typical TGP (
7 Testing by AMD performance labs using an AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900X and Core i9-9900K. All games tested at 1920x1080 with maximum in-game quality preset. Results may vary. RZ3-28
8 Testing by AMD performance labs using an AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900X and Core i9-9900K. All games tested at 2560x1440 with maximum in-game quality preset. Results may vary. RZ3-29
9 Testing by AMD performance labs using an AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900X and Core i9-9900K in: DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere, Cinebench R20, Handbrake 1.1.1, LAME MP3 Encoder, and POV-Ray 3.7. Results may vary. RZ3-30
10 Testing by AMD performance labs using an AMD Ryzen™ 9 3900X and Core i9-9900K, measuring wall power during Cinebench R20 nT. Results may vary. RZ3-31
11 Testing by AMD performance labs using an AMD Ryzen™ 7 3800X and Core i7-9700K, measuring wall power during Cinebench R20 nT. Results may vary. RZ3-35
12 Overclocking AMD processors, including without limitation, altering clock frequencies / multipliers or memory timing / voltage, to operate beyond their stock specifications will void any applicable AMD product warranty, even when such overclocking is enabled via AMD hardware and/or software. This may also void warranties offered by the system manufacturer or retailer. Users assume all risks and liabilities that may arise out of overclocking AMD processors, including, without limitation, failure of or damage to hardware, reduced system performance and/or data loss, corruption or vulnerability. GD-106
13 Precision Boost Overdrive requires an AMD Ryzen Threadripper, AMD Ryzen 5 3000, AMD Ryzen 7 3000, or AMD Ryzen 9 3000 Series processor and a motherboard compatible with one or more of these processors. Because Precision Boost Overdrive enables operation of the processor outside of specifications and in excess of factory settings, use of the feature invalidates the AMD product warranty and may also void warranties offered by the system manufacturer or retailer. GD-135
14 Though both are often measured in watts, it is important to distinguish between thermal and electrical watts. Thermal wattage for processors is conveyed via thermal design power (TDP). TDP is a calculated value that conveys an appropriate thermal solution to achieve the intended operation of a processor. Electrical watts are not a variable in the TDP calculation. By design, electrical watts can vary from workload to workload and may exceed thermal watts. GD-109
15 Testing as of
16 Testing as of
17 Radeon FreeSync technology requires a monitor and AMD Radeon™ graphics, both with FreeSync support. See www.amd.com/freesync for complete details. Confirm capability with your system manufacturer before purchase. GD-127
18 Offer available through participating retailers for eligible purchases made
AMD Investor Relations
Source: Advanced Micro Devices