New AMD Radeon™ RX 590 Graphics Cards Deliver Leading-Edge, Smooth HD Gaming Experience for Latest Games
– New 12nm GPUs harness advanced “Polaris” architecture, Radeon FreeSync™ gaming display technology and feature-rich Radeon™ Software to power stunning gaming, targeting beyond 60 FPS in latest AAA and eSports titles –
– Gamers receive up to three new PC games for free with purchase of Radeon™ RX 590, and other eligible Radeon™ RX graphics cards and Radeon™ RX-powered PCs –
SANTA CLARA, Calif.,
Powered by AMD “Polaris” architecture1, the AMD Radeon™ RX 590 graphics card provides faster clock speeds for higher gaming performance than the AMD Radeon™ RX 580 graphics card2, and delivers up to 20 percent or higher performance-per-dollar than the competition3. Paired with the advanced AMD Radeon FreeSync™ gaming display technology4 and loaded with the latest AMD Radeon™ Software features, the AMD Radeon™ RX 590 graphics card delivers an exceptional gaming experience.
“This new graphics card provides beautiful visuals, blistering frame rates, and the latest and greatest features for PC gaming,” said Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager,
Features of the AMD Radeon™ RX 590 graphics card include:
- Outstanding Gaming Performance: The AMD Radeon™ RX 590 graphics card is built upon 12nm process technology and the advanced AMD “Polaris”1 architecture, including 4th Gen GCN graphics cores, display engine and multimedia cores to enable exceptional performance in low-level APIs like DirectX® 125and Vulkan®. It also provides a visually stunning HD gaming experience running at up to 60 FPS or higher in the most popular AAA games, and up to 100 FPS in some of the most popular eSports titles6.
- Best Software Features for Gamers: AMD Radeon™ Software features game Day-0 driver support and up-to-the minute game optimizations for performance enhancements. Gamers can effortlessly capture, stream and share their memorable moments and clutch victories with Radeon™ ReLive technology; monitor performance and PC system info and socialize with the AMD Link app; and fine-tune a range of settings to fit their needs with AMD Radeon™ WattMan technology7.
- Largest Gaming Display Ecosystem8: With over 500 AMD Radeon FreeSync™-technology4 capable monitors to choose from, achieving pixel-perfect, silky-smooth gameplay has never been easier. AMD Radeon FreeSync™ technology4 synchronizes the monitor update rate to the game, eliminating tears and choppiness. AMD Radeon FreeSync™ 2 HDR technology4 offers up to 2x better brightness and color volume compared to sRGB9.
- Premium Virtual Reality: The AMD Radeon™ RX 590 graphics card delivers beautifully rich and immersive VR environments during gameplay. AMD LiquidVR™ technology provides broad compatibility, plug-and-play ease of use and stable platform support for the new wave of advanced VR vendors and technologies.10
Up to Three Free Games with Radeon™ RX Purchase
Today, AMD also launched the ‘Raise the Game Fully Loaded’ bundle, offering gamers PC versions of the highly anticipated Resident Evil™ 2, Devil May Cry™ 5 and Tom Clancy’s The Division® 2, for free with the purchase of an eligible AMD Radeon™ RX graphics card or Radeon™ RX powered PC. Gamers who purchase an AMD Radeon™ RX Vega or RX 590, or an eligible Radeon™ RX Vega or RX 590 powered PC, will receive free copies of all three games. Gamers who purchase an AMD Radeon™ RX 580 or RX 570 graphics card, or an eligible Radeon™ RX 580 or RX 570 powered PC, can choose two of these games for free. For more information on the program and where to buy, visit: www.amd.com/raisethegame11
Pricing and Availability
The AMD Radeon™ RX 590 graphics card is available worldwide today starting at
- Learn more about the AMD Radeon™ RX 590 graphics card here
- Learn more about the ‘Raise the Game Fully Loaded’ bundle here
- Become a fan of Radeon on Facebook
- Follow AMD on Twitter @AMD
- Follow Radeon™ graphics on Twitter
For more than 45 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
1 The information contained herein is for informational purposes only, and is subject to change without notice. Timelines, roadmaps, and/or product release dates shown in this Press Release are plans only and subject to change. “Polaris” is a codename for AMD architecture, and is not a product name. GD-122.
2 Based on AMD internal analysis in
3 Testing done by AMD performance labs
PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. All scores are an average of 3 runs with the same settings. Performance may vary based on use of latest drivers. Performance-per-dollar was calculated using an average performance advantage of 12% for the Radeon RX 590 in games cited, with pricing of the Radeon™ RX 590 at
4 FreeSync 2 does not require HDR capable monitors; driver can set monitor in native mode when FreeSync 2 supported HDR content is detected. Otherwise, HDR content requires that the system be configured with a fully HDR-ready content chain, including: graphics card, graphics driver and application. Video content must be graded in HDR and viewed with an HDR-ready player. Windowed mode content requires operating system support GD-105
5 DirectX® 12 enablement requires an x86 processor and a Radeon™ graphics chip based on the Graphics Core Next architecture and Windows® 10. GD-99
6 Testing done by AMD performance labs
Testing done by AMD performance labs
7 Overclocking AMD processors, including without limitation, altering clock frequencies / multipliers or memory timing / voltage, to operate beyond their stock specifications will void any applicable AMD product warranty, even when such overclocking is enabled via AMD hardware and/or software. This may also void warranties offered by the system manufacturer or retailer. Users assume all risks and liabilities that may arise out of overclocking AMD processors, including, without limitation, failure of or damage to hardware, reduced system performance and/or data loss, corruption or vulnerability. GD-106
8 As of
9 Only attainable when using a FreeSync 2 API enabled game or video player and content that uses at least 2x the perceivable brightness and color range of sRGB, and using a FreeSync 2 qualified monitor. Based on AMD internal testing as of
10 Users will need to obtain a VR headset compatible with AMD’s GPU technologies and AMD LiquidVR™ technology. See www.amd.com/liquidvr for more information. GRT-6
11 Offer available through participating retailers only. 18+ only. Following purchase, Coupon Code must be redeemed by
Campaign period begins
©2018 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, FreeSync, and combinations thereof are trademarks of
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/4df5700e-3611-496b-a05a-e6737b6c840a